Monday 10 March 2014

Cyborg Urbanism: final year project

                                     
Cyborg Urbanism


Final project last year was huuuge! Lots and lots of effort was put into this project and I ended up quite proud of it, despite its ugly foreboding nature. I explain it a bit further in my portfolio, but the gist of it was a re-imagining of car-oriented destinations from the 50s and 60s (think drive in theatre, drive thru restaurants) into three supercharged towers . Patrons drive through a sub-dermal road network and on to large helical ramps that take you up into the hulls of the buildings.

The idea was that electric cars would donate a portion of their battery to power the facilities eg: powering the theatre projector or by charging their motel rooms. There was a bit more theory to it than that but I won't bore you, it was a hell of a lot of fun figuring it out all out though. I have a lot more to say about the project but I may save that for a future blog post. For now, here is a sample of the drawings and images I used.







There is more of this project to see in my portfolio, amongst others.

extra stuff:




No comments:

Post a Comment